Spay and Neuter Surgeries
Our team at Foster Animal Hospital is committed to providing excellent care in every aspect of your pet’s health needs. This definitely extends to spaying or neutering your dog or cat. It’s one of the most important decisions you can make to keep your pet healthy for a lifetime! Our mission is to make the surgery as safe and pain-free as possible.
Did you know?
- At Foster Animal Hospital, P.A., all surgery patients receive a complete physical exam and pre-operative blood work to check for hidden problems.
- We use only the safest anesthetic drugs available in veterinary medicine, including sevoflurane gas.
- All surgery patients are monitored throughout the procedure for heart rate, respiratory rate, blood oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, body temperature, EKG, and blood pressure.
- All surgery patients are constantly accompanied by our highly trained staff from the moment they are asleep until they are sitting up awake.
- All surgery patients receive IV fluid therapy during their procedure.
- All surgery patients receive medications before, during, and after the procedure for pain control.
- A microchip is included with every spay and neuter, offering a permanent identification system for lost pets.
We treat each patient as if he or she were our own family member, not only with all the safety measures listed above, but with comfort and gentleness as well.
Please talk to one of our staff if you have further questions about spaying or neutering. Or, if you’d like to schedule an appointment, call (704) 786-0104. Your pet will be in good hands.