Foster Animal Hospital Is a Trusted Resource for Veterinary Advice in Concord NC
We’ve created the following pages to provide you with tips on common health issues, as well as offer advice on caring for your pet throughout the various life stages.
You can rely on us as a partner in keeping your pet feeling his or her best. We value effective communication. After all, we are your “other family doctor,” as this “Communicating With Your Veterinarian” article points out.
When to Call Us
Key points are summarized below, but read this article to help determine when to call your vet.
Immediately contact us or go to an emergency clinic if you observe any of the following signs:
- Blue, white, or very pale gums
- Labored breathing
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Dizziness, imbalance, or circling
- Inability to walk
- Extremely bloated abdomen
- Signs of acute severe pain (such as crying out very loudly and excessively)
- Body temperature over 104 or under 99 (normal is typically 100.5–102.5)
Contact us if you notice any of the following signs lasting more than one to two days:
- Poor appetite
- Excessive salivation
- Excessive thirst (increased water intake)
- Frequent or inappropriate urination
- Excessive scratching or dull, dry, or flaky hair coat
- Wheezing or frequent panting
- Nasal discharge or congestion
- Displays of mild to moderate pain (such as crying when a specific area is touched or action is taken)
Contact us with questions or to schedule a prompt appointment.